When using CBD/THC in cannabis to provide psychoactive effects, you need to decarb to activate their full potential first. But when used as a topical moisturizing or pain relief cream, there are no psychoactive effects, no decarb process, but still has similar medicinal properties to benefit your skin.
Ingredient: for Cannabis Infused Oil
• 16 oz. (1 lb.) organic virgin coconut oil
• 1 oz. cannabis flower
Directions for Cannabis Infused Oil
Set the uncovered jar down into a small saucepan filled with water (double boiler method using a strainer), bring to boil then lower the heat, simmer for 3 hours, keeping a close eye that the water doesn’t evaporate out. Stir every 30 minutes. Remove from heat, let it cool down until warm enough to handle with your hand, then strain.
Ingredients for Cream (pick the oil you like that most benefits your needs)
• 2 cups (1 lb.) Cannabis Infused Oil
• 6 oz. (60 g) shea butter benefit to dry and aging skin.
• 4 tbsp wheat germ oil (optional) adds extra vitamin A, D, E and preservative protection.
• 4 tbsp rosehip seed oil (optional) for maintaining firm skin and repairing damage.
• 20-30 drops essential oil you like (optional) depends on the quality of your essential oil.
Directions for Cream
1. Combine cannabis infused oil and shea butter into a double boiler, and stir over low heat, until the shea butter is melted (5 minutes). don’t put in microwave.
2. Remove from heat, add wheat germ oil, rosehip seed oil, essential oil. Mix well.
3. Pop into refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to firm up but not get hard.
4. Sterilize jars and lids with cooking wine.
5. Whip it up with a hand held mixer, and transfer to the container.
6. Take one out in the cabinet ready to use at room temperature. Keep the rest in the fridge good for one year.
This recipe is based on my belief about medical marijuana having benefits for your skin and allows cannabinoids to give relief in a specific targeted area. Please do your own research and follow the legislation of your jurisdiction.
#cannabis #marijuana #bodybutter